Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Little Bro's POP (Pass Out Parade)

Little Bro's POP (Pass Out Parade)

woke up very early this morning to prep and went out with my parents to Changi. Parked the car, and we had to take a shuttle bus to the Jetty. After which took a ferry to Pulau Tekong. Headed straight to the Parade Square and waited for time to pass before the actual parade started.

Photobucket

at bout 10+am, most of the people have arrived and are waiting eagerly for their sons/bf/bro to march in. we werent any different.

Finally, the parade started with the MC welcoming everyone, and the newly national service men march in. I could see lots of proud and eager parents/gf/sis/bro trying to spot their son/bf/bro. But honestly, they all look the same to me from where im seated at!! Haha! All of them are in the same green uniform, marching in such uniformed manner that you couldnt even spot any of ther usual walking habits etc., plus to make things worse, they're all in helmets and we're seated too far from them! so we cant really see their faces very clearly! Thus me and my parents were argueing as to which is my bro! haha! (no worries, not the heated type of argument. just the friendly sort. haha)

Photobucket

after which, speeches were made followed by reviewing of the soldiers before the part where the parents have to put on the jockey caps for their son. this is the moment where some emotional parents get emo as they proudly put on the caps for their son. LOL. The soldiers then al stand together regardless of company or platoon and did a cheer together followed by the tossing of their jockey caps into the air, congratulate and celebrate the end of their BMT! POP for them! Cheers~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

then the soldiers went back to get their stuff and came out again to meet us and thats when the whole parade ended. As my bro's company is the last to leave Tekong, they took this time to snap lotsa photos with one another, before we finally left Tekong and went back home.

Photobucket

My bro then washed up and we went out to Cafe Cartel at Siglap to have out lunch before come home again and all of us went to nap! Anyway i just woke up not long, and since today havent been very productive for my studies, im gonna be studying after having my dinner in awhile til late at night! No time to waste! Exams coming soon! Assignment due soon too! Stressss!

Photobucket
me! taken at Cafe cartel! the weather was so hot and as i didnt have any rubberband with me, therefore i ended up using the pen that was given at my bro's POP, as a hair stick and bunned up my hair! haha!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails