Friday, December 30, 2011

Poker Face !

No I'm not thinking about the song. But rather about what a friend of mine, said to me some time ago. It suddenly crossed my mind today, and thus decided to blog about it.

For those who aint very sure what it really meant (other than knowing the song), below is the defination of the word, Poker Face.

Noun

- Informal, a face without expression, as that of a poker player attempting to conceal the value of his cards
- A face lacking any interpretable expression, as that of an expert poker player.



As mentioned, my friend had actually told me that I have a Poker Face. And this is only noticed recently. She mentioned that previously I didnt have a poker face, and in fact usually 1 look at my face and you will know exactly what I am feeling at that moment. I dont know if its due to age, stress, lethargy or simply the environment. But I actually do kind of agree with her to a certain extent.

Oh well....Poker Face or not, I guess the only venue which wouldnt be able to know would be through my blog, for my facial expression would not be shown nor portrayed. But 1 thing for sure, the emotions I feel are greatly reflected in my words.

I may not be a great speaker on stage, as I would stammer due to stage fright.
I may not be an awesome friend, as I am not really good with words of console.

But...

I do think I would be a better writer than most people I know, for when writing, I would not stammer nor be afraid of people laughing at me.
I will try my best to be there for my friends to lend a listening ear, lend my shoulders to cry on, and offer a warm hug when needed.
I do think that I try my very best to console and give advice to my friends through writing, blogging, SMSing, and even MSNing.

People who know me would know better. Well this is just yet another random post which suddenly crossed my mind. Just sharing, and I hope my readers would get to know me better and enjoy reading! =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails